Location - Allerton Depot Liverpool
Pay - 10.90
Offer - average 42 hours a week.
We are currently looking for professional, energetic, and enthusiastic people who are interested in pursuing a career in Rail. We have opportunities for immediate employment for Security Officers who can work in various depot on our contract with Northern Trains.
The successful candidates will be working within a small team of officers in an extremely important security role patrolling rail depots and ensuring the safety of everyone on site. This is challenging but rewarding role which requires vigilance and great customer service. Comprehensive training will be provided.
Who are we looking for? Someone with the following:
- Excellent customer service, honest, passionate, and hard working
- Right to work documentation
- Security guard or higher SIA license
- Ability to provide 5-year checkable history for vetting purposes
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to do the advertised shifts
What will we give you?
- Northern train travel pass
- Pay rate of £10.90
- Approachable management team with genuine interest in staff welfare
- Free SIA refresher courses and provision of financial support to renew SIA licenses.
- Generous pension
- 28 days holiday including bank holiday (pro rata)
- Wagestream salary advance scheme
- Employee awards with attached shopping vouchers
- Uniform and PPE required for the proper execution of your mandate
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Refer-a-friend bonus of £100 for every person employed through your reference (T&C apply)
- Access to in-house online training portal with 100s of relevant free courses
What will you do?
- Conduct effective and highly visibility patrols at your area of operation to deter potential threats
- Utilization of HOT and WHAT protocols to identify and eliminate security threats.
- Reporting of suspicious behaviour or objects through laid down procedure
- Conducting recorded patrols and reporting observations on Work-IT boards.
- Controlling access to the depot
- Booking in and booking out contracts and visitor on site
- Enforce no smoking policy on site.
- Guide Police and Fire Crews to the scene of any incidents.
- Report potential security breaches.
- Ensure proper handover takes place at shift changes.
- Vetting and admitting authorised vehicles to site
- Accurate logging of relevant site activities in the DOB.
- Understand the station security plan and your responsibilities under the plan
- Report any anti-social behaviour at sites in accordance with client policy and Railway Byelaws (where applicable).
- To respond to emergency alarms such as Fire Alarms, Intruder Alarms, Security Alarms, Terrorism incidents, Passenger-lift Alarms
- Deal with each security incident and ad hoc service requests in accordance with the procedures agreed with Northern