Exciting Permanent Security Opportunity in Northampton - £10 per hour
We are looking for Security officers to work on a Brackmills distribution site in Northampton. This is a state of the art location with a new gate house due to be installed.
This is a permanent position offering 4 on, 4 off 12 hour shifts. £10.00 per hour with annual Real Living Wage uplifts plus holiday pay.
We have a range of benefits including-
- Fully Funded First Aid training
- Wagestream app- allowing access to wages before payday
- A suite of on line training opportunities.
You will be responsible for checking in vehicles and visitors, patrolling the site and completing staff searches.
- External Perimeter Patrols
- CCTV Surveillance
- External Building checks
- Opening and closing of site gates (Weekends & Nights).
- Alarm monitoring
- Key Management
Gatehouse Duties including:
- Logging vehicles and drivers in and out of the freight yard area.
- Ensuring only authorised vehicles are granted access to the freight yard area.
- Performing AEO checks on all inbound freight vehicles, including 7 point trailer checks, load seal checks and seal removal- training provided
- Issuance of site rules to drivers.
- Checking all outbound freight loads, sealing outbound freight trailers and issuing drivers with load documentation.
- Liaising with operations teams for inbound and outbound freight.
Visitor / contractor reception
- Booking visitors on and off site.
- Notifying site contacts of visitor arrival.
- Issuance of visitor passes.
Searches of personnel on site at the end of working shifts.
- Manning thermal scanning process at the start of shifts.
- Performing car & locker searches when guided by the operations management team.
Key attributes of successful candidate
- SIA licence holder.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Arrive on time for all designated shifts.
- Ability to work days and nights (4 on, 4 off).
- Able to travel to site.
- Wear provided uniform and PPE at all times on site.
- Be smart and courteous at all times.
- Take responsibility for own continued professional development.
Key Performance Indicators
- 100% attendance.
- Customer feedback.
- Staff feedback- annual staff survey score.