Carlisle Support Services have an exciting new opportunity for reliable and professional Security Officers to work for a well-known hospital in Stevenage.
Shift Pattern: Days, nights and weekends on a roster pattern.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be aware of what's happening on-site at all times by following the handover procedure and reviewing information from previous shifts.
- Be aware of the relevant emergency and escalation procedures, as the first point of contact when an incident occurs.
- Secure the site by controlling access and egress, carrying out security patrols to deter crime.
- Be aware of hazards, reacting to medical incidents and responding appropriately.
- Ensure the control room/gatehouse is kept clean and tidy for the next shift.
- Operate the control room/gatehouse and reception systems.
- Physically fit as the role requires a degree of patrolling.
- Hold a Current SIA License.
- Working with the NHS STAFF.
- Responding to emergency bleeps.
- Responding to high risk situation deal with members of the public in hospital
- Hospital security experience preferred.
- Restraining patients if necessary if they become violent
- Protection of NHS staff, equipment and other patients
- Provide a check-able work history for the past 5 Years and meet UK Home Office Security Screening Standards.
- Proven work experience as a Security Officer or a Customer Service Role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - especially Excel & Word.
- Previous experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be calm and professional when issues arise and deal with patients.
- Multitasking and time-management skills
- Monthly pay.
- Free onsite parking.
- Excellent Training & Development programme.
- Excellent company uniform.
- Holiday pay.