We are Carlisle….
We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes. Our vision is to be preferred experts and the most trusted provider of people-based services for the customers we serve, and markets we choose to work in. We will do this by promoting our core values.
- Passionate about the wellbeing of everyone
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do
- Delivering on our promises - all the time
- Supporting everyone to be sector-based experts
What you'll do:
This is not an exhausted list and may differ as the department develops…
As the senior operations manager, you will be responsible for the operational running for the security provision of up to 45 retail stores, ensuring compliance to the client SLA's You will also take ownership and develop the Mobile Support Team operation, together with the guarding team administrator, you will line manage a team of 3 Team Leaders and up to 25 Mobile Officers. You will also work closely with the Contract Manager to ensure contractual obligations are met and will deputise in the role of contract manager in their absence.
- Being the trusted retail security expert, have a strong understanding of retail security, and effective ways to reduce the risk to colleagues, customers, property, and stock.
- Ensuring you keep up to date with current retail security and stock loss trends.
- Partnering mobile guarding team supervisors to ensure risk is identified, and mobile officer and undercover officer resource is deployed appropriately.
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders - including police forces, local authorities, business crime organisations and customer CCTV HUB.
- Produce accurate reporting for leadership team and customer to highlight return on investment, celebrate success and opportunities to improve performance.
- Collaborate with the wider contract team to identify opportunities to continuously improve financial and customer targets.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly establish and maintain strong relationships across all levels.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills to help ensure the delivery of a fast-paced Security contract service.
- Previous operational experience.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel.
- To be resilient with a positive and confident approach.
- Has excellent customer focus and a proactive approach
- Confident and effective communicator (both oral and written)
- Is able and willing to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task, working accurately and efficiently.
- Able to plan and organise own workload, accordingly, working autonomously where required
- Build effective working relationships with a range of people at all levels.
- Adaptable and can respond positively to unforeseen circumstances and change.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve the way work is done
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Takes the initiative
- Active listening
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good level of IT Skills including Microsoft suite
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Field based role covering Liverpool and Manchester
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to grow and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards. Some of our other benefits include:
- Health and Wellbeing Plans
- 23 days paid holiday
- Discounts and Cashbacks
- Paid Volunteering days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.