Do You Want To Make A Difference? Would you like to be part of something interesting that challenges your capability?
We are seeking a dedicated Senior Security Supervisor for our client in Coventry.
Here at Carlisle Support Services we deliver on our promises through the work of our excellent staff and therefore, if you have the passion, a great work ethic and drive to become a part of our success, then come and join the exceptional team here, where quality is not purely mechanical.
Bring your dedication and determination here, and you will benefit from the support of an experienced and enthusiastic multi-professional team committed to the delivery of brilliant patient care.
Must hold driving licnece +2 years.
Must hold door supervisors licence, SG not accepted.
Must hold CCTV license
Working: An Average of 42.5 hours per week - 4 Days, 4 Off, 4 Nights
Main duties are as follows but not limited to:
- To patrol and cover all duties assigned by the Shift Manager/ Customer Services manager
- To ensure that the protection service provides an effective and efficient 24-hour level of security for university buildings, staff, students and visitors.
- To be fully conversant with all relevant computer programmes and databases, particularly those relevant to the protection service.
- To operate computer software packages used within the Protection Service.
- To be fully conversant with all legislation relative to the security industry, ensuring full compliance, bringing all shortcomings to the notice of the Shift Manager.
- To take an active part in the implementation of crime prevention initiatives within the university.
- To provide when requested security advice on building security and security of other university assets.
- To liaise with outside agencies, e.g. police, city council regarding requests for information and refer any data protection issues to the Data protection officer. Vacancy request form
- In the absence of the Protection Manager / Customer Services manager, assist the Shift Manger to present any disciplinary cases to management.
- To drive university vehicles up to 25cwt including trailer towing.
In addition, applicants must have:
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Demonstrable operational background in the security business.
- Demonstrable planning and organisational skills
- Computer literate with intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel, along with Google programmes
- People management skills
- The ability to effectively time manage, plan and prioritise different elements of the workload.
- Ability to show a level of trust and respect for customers, staff and management
- Previous Front Line management or Supervisory experience within a security related field
- Full Driving License
- First aid at work would be advantageous
- Market leading rate of pay
- Reduced on site parking from £3 per day
- Full Uniform
- Full induction, on-going training, and career development
- Company pension
- Employee assistance programme