Salary & Benefits: £55-60k DOE + Company Car/Allowance
Working hours: 40 hours per week albeit where required to flex with the needs of the business, that may include evening and weekend working.
Reporting to: Divisional Operations Manager
Location: Field Based, London-based
Direct Reports: Three
Who We Are
Carlisle has been providing multi-site cleaning and ancillary services at an award-winning standard to our clients for many years. We put exceptional people at the core of what we do and team them with the latest technology. This ensures a best-in-class service at every level of our operations, whether at the point of service delivery or in respect of our management team or back-office support.
Our innovative solutions are underpinned by our promise-based culture and the fact that the customer is put at the heart of everything that we do, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Carlisle Support Services provides customer driven, people-based services, and strives to deliver measurable value to all involved. We do this by empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
As the Contract Manager for this diverse and bustling contract you will be joining our Cleaning Division which is one of the three divisions within Carlisle Support Services. You will report into the Divisional Operations Manager who reports into the Divisional Lead. The division has an embedded HR Manager, Recruitment Manager and Health & Safety Manager, which will provide support to the contract has required. The finance, IT and data & insight support functions are provided by a central team that is based in Luton.
While the role is a field-based role, the division has offices in Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, and Leeds, in addition to the head office in Luton
Health and Safety Duty Holder
- Promotion of a safe working culture
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Operatives are compliant and hold the relevant qualifications for the roles they undertake.
- Ensure all activities relating to third party assets are carried out in accordance with the relevant policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the companies and client's health and safety policies.
Quality & Service Delivery Management
- Ensure that Carlisle's and the clients quality management systems and policies are adhered too.
- Ensure all relevant KPI's and SLAs are achieved within the agreed timescales of the contract.
- Ensure that company reporting tools for quality and service assurance are maintained by everybody on the contract.
- Generation of an annual budget in partnership with the Finance Team
- Generation of a monthly forecast in partnership with the Finance Team
- Achieving agreed levels of financial performance on monthly basis
- Management of the supplier spend within agree budgets.
- Ensure that all services provide are invoiced on monthly or period basis.
- Calculate and agree monthly KPI penalties with the clients.
- Conduct effective 1-2-1 meetings with direct line reports on a monthly basis and follow up any agreed actions.
- Develop and deliver a contract training plan in conjunction with the Learning and Development Team to develop individuals to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Ensure that a proactive approach is taken to recruitment whilst ensure compliance with Carlisle's recruitment policies and procedures.
- Proactively manage all people issues in partnership with our chosen employee relations partner.
- Ensure that all hours are correctly recorded in accordance with policy on the company's time and attendance system.
- Build and maintain an effective working relationship with any recognised Trade Unions on relevant people matters.
Account Management and Development
- The profitable development of additional service streams and sites.
- Introduction of innovation that enhances the service proposition/model.
- Ensure that all reports and returns are submitted within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure the company is represented at all client and stakeholder meetings.
- Ensure all client requests are responded to within a timely manner.
Work on ad-hoc projects and tasks when required to meet the demands of the business.
- Evidence of promoting a culture of health and safety compliance.
- Experience of delivering multiple service streams across a large number of sites
- Experience of managing budgets greater than £3m.
- A proven track record of managing an industrial workforce.
- Proven ability to produce budgets, generate a forecast and implement cost saving measures.
- A verifiable record of account management and proven ability to up sell services.
- Experience working within UK rail sector.
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- Six Sigma - Desirable
- Sentinel Personal Track Safety (AC/DC) - Desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence - Desirable
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong business commercial acumen
- Strong IT Skills must be able to effectively use MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Teams
- Passion for service delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills by working collaboratively as part of the divisional team.
- Inspirational Leader with the ability to motivate.
- Independent with proven ability to manage own workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to build strong and meaningful relationships.
Please note: Carlisle Support Services are an equal opportunities employer.