We are looking for an exceptional Security Officers to undertake duties at station across the rail network at several high-profile locations.
- Active, enthusiastic, and approachable as the role involves engaging with the general public, answering their questions and providing an excellent level of service to all customers.
- A desire to help people, deliver pro-active level of customer service and be professional at all times as an ambassador for the railway.
- Excellent at conflict management and able to diffuse situations appropriately.
- You will need to hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor License
- You must have an excellent level of communication with a good command of the English language as you will be interacting with customers on a daily basis.
- The role also requires completion of detailed incident reports so excellent written English is essential.
- Experience in a railway environment is desirable although not essential.
- Having a driving licence and access to a car is desirable although not essential.
Please do not apply for this role unless you:
- Hold a current, valid SIA Door Supervisor Licence
- Can provide a full 5 years of work history without gaps.
- Have a flexible approach to working shifts including weekends.
Core duties and responsibilities of a Railway Security Officer
- Maintain vigilance in order to anticipate and intervene in the event of acts of anti-social behaviour in accordance with company policy.
- Take appropriate action in dealing with and helping to prevent physical and verbal assaults on staff and customers and provide written reports as required.
- Assist in reducing crime, anti-social behaviour, and public order offences.
- Undertake and record all security searches as defined by the TRANSEC regulations where applicable.
- Be fully conversant with the local Emergency Plans for areas which you patrol.
- Actively engage with staff and customers, providing exceptional customer service.
- Always operate within the law, and professionally deal with any individual who refuses to act in accordance with the Railway By-laws and Conditions of Carriage.
- Ensure you act in a proactive manner in the performance of your duties and maintain your personal safety and that of your colleagues by making appropriate interventions, including calling upon the assistance of a competent person or emergency services where necessary.
- Report incidences through verbal and written means by using appropriate laid down procedures.
Hours: approx 40 hours a week