Carlisle Support Services has an exciting new opportunity for a Surveyor around the London and South with majority of the shifts starting from London going out to the wider areas but starting and finishing at the same place to enable for ease to booking on and off.
Between 8-12 hour shifts Monday-Sunday. Between 48-60hrs hours per week. A mix of days, nights and weekend shifts.
A mix of railway clients that we support to complete surveys with the customers.
A rapidly growing business with revenues increasing threefold in the past 5 years. To support our long-term goals, we are investing in people, systems, and technology to ensure we stay ahead of the competition, so there has never been a better time to join the Carlisle family. We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Capable of supporting your colleagues achieve excellent results, you thrive on challenge and embrace change. You never stop learning and evolving new ways of working, having a direct impact on improving the performance of the business. Most importantly, you are confident in your ability to provide a first-class service.
Together we'll be:
Actively promoting the company vision by embedding our shared values throughout the team, empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes because we are:
- Passionate about the wellbeing of everyone.
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Delivering on our promises - all the time.
- Supporting everyone to be sector-based experts.
What you'll do:
In all cases, the surveyor will record the route, class, date and time via the required form and adopt the following approach to determine the status of each passenger's ticket type:
- The surveyor enters the carriage to survey passengers and should present themselves to the Train Operating Company representative as well as the customers.
- The form should be completed and filled whilst travelling on the network
- Any passengers that refuse to participate or alight are recorded.
- Any disruption or cancelled trains can be reported to the team leader to identify an alternative route
- Communication skills will be key to this role.
- Willing to work on trains and travel the network.
- Previous rail knowledge desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Professional attitude and smart appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Travel time is included in the shift but it will be necessary to get to the start location for early/late shifts to cover peak periods; the ability to drive would therefore be an advantage.
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to grow and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Health and Wellbeing Plans .
- Discounts and cashbacks.
- Paid volunteering days.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.