Carlisle Support Services assist our client Le Shuttle with the operation of the Channel Tunnel Fixed Link Concession between England and France.
What we are looking for:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Train Crew Department to participate in Crew operations on our client's Passenger and Freight services. The role includes loading and unloading of Passenger Shuttles in line with company and client Health & Safety procedures. Also ensuring the safety of our customers whilst always maintaining the highest degree of customer service by responding to customer needs and enquiries during transit.
This role will appeal to individuals who are passionate about working in a unique and fast paced environment within a team committed to delivering a high quality of service for our customers.
Shifts are 8 hours 10 minutes spread across 24-hour period 365 days a year. Varying start times across a 24-hour period.
What you need:
- Minimum of 18 years of age due to the shift working requirement.
- A valid passport is essential.
- Own transport due to the site location and shift times.
- Excellent level of both verbal and written English communication skills.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role in the transport or travel industries is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Flexibility to work varied shift patterns and unsociable hours.
- Professionalism and enthusiasm as this is a busy and dynamic passenger service role.
- A pro-active, organized approach to work.
- An ability to work under pressure either on your own or as part of a team.
- An awareness of Health & Safety and safe working practices is important but full training is provided.
- Role will include working across different areas on site as well as on board the trains.
What you'll need to provide:
- 5-year checkable employment/education history.
- Complete UK DBS (criminal record check) and overseas criminal record check (if applicable).
- Proof of right to work in the UK documentation.
What we offer:
- Full training & development.
- Career progression.
- A competitive starting rate with overtime rates at a higher rate.
- Increased earnings potential in line with additional responsibilities.
- Full-time work and the opportunity to work overtime.
- Free secure parking on-site.
- Company pension scheme after qualifying period.
- Access to Private Healthcare and Wellbeing plans.
- Access to Wagestream.
- Discounts and cashbacks via Fizz Benefits.
- Reward and Recognition scheme.
- Refer a Friend Scheme (£100 for successful introductions).
- Company uniform.
At Carlisle Support Services, we're committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applicants, irrespective of background, and don't discriminate based on any protected characteristic. Our goal is an empowered and valued workforce were skills matter most. Join us in our journey toward an equal workplace that celebrates differences.