Train Crew Agent (Carlisle support services)
Eurotunnel operates the fixed link transport system between its operational terminals of Folkestone in UK and Coquelles in France.
The system provides transport for heavy Goods and Commercial Vehicles and Passenger vehicles, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Both the Freight and Passenger Service departments are critical to successful operation of all services.
The contracted staff is engaged to provide cover for day working and 24-hour shifts system according to the specific job. Flexibility in working hours is important in order to provide support necessary to fulfil duty and roster requirements that can fluctuate at short notice in accordance with seasonal workloads.
The role of Train Crew Agents is to monitor the safe boarding of all vehicles on the Passenger Shuttles and ensuring day-to-day running is not impeded and a safe system of work is delivered and maintained at all times, whilst reporting all concerns observed to the relevant staff.
The duties of the Train Crew Agent:
- Carry out the instructions of the Chef de train.
- Respect the procedures in force.
- Load and unload passenger shuttles.
- Represent the Company when dealing with dealing with customer (must protect a good image of the Company)
- Assure a good quality of service on board.
- Respond to customer needs and enquiries during transit.
- Ensure the cleanliness of his/her zone of work.
- Assure the security of the passenger.
- Report faults and if possible, perform corrective actions.
- Organise evacuations and ensure these are carried out fully and correctly.
- Tackle any on-boarding fires as per procedures.
- Help with incident investigation, evolution and improvement of procedures and Equipment.
- Complete incident/accident reports.
- Ensure that all the personnel assigned to the Eurotunnel contract are strictly adhering to the statutory obligations contained with the health and safety at work legislation.
- Follow all reasonable instructions and carry out all reasonable duties necessary to deliver a World Class service to our clients, customers and stakeholders.
- Attend training and development programs as determined by the director of operations & Group training manager.
- Great attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to forge and maintain relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively must be a team player
- Always does the right thing for the business, colleagues, clients and operatives
- Shows initiative, resourcefulness and professionalism
- Communicates in an open and honest manner
- Focuses on results and aims to deliver an extraordinary performance.
- Always take responsibility and accountability
- Excellent level of both verbal and written English communications skills
- Service industry experience
- Flexible to work to a shift rotation in line with 24 hours operations
- Full uniform provided
- Training and development
- Holiday pay based on the hours worked
- Career progression
- Employee assist program
- Optional health plan
- £100 refer a friend benefit
- Staff discount at Eurotunnel's passenger terminal building
- Cycle to work scheme