Vehicle Safety Operative
Early, Late and Night shifts across a 24-hour operation
Working in partnership with our client Eurotunnel, Carlisle Support Services is recruiting Vehicle Safety Operatives to secure freight vehicles on board the Eurotunnel Trains on various shift patterns, Earlies, Lates and Nights typically around 8hrs per shift.
What you'll do:
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for the safety and securing of vehicles travelling on freight shuttles using the Channel Tunnel train system. This process is known as chocking. As a chocker, you will perform safety checks on vehicles once they are boarded onto freight trains and assist customers with their onward journey to the passenger carriage of the train. You will also be responsible for the removal of chocks from trains that arrive from France as well as safety checks of vehicles prior to their onward UK journey.
Working as part of a team, chocks need to be removed and replaced under the wheels of heavy goods vehicles ensuring the vehicles safety prior to their journey through the tunnel.
Must be confident and assertive, able to follow detailed instruction and capable of swift, reasoned decision making under pressure.
There will be an expectation to drive company vehicles whilst on site.
What you'll need:
- Good timekeeping & attendance
- Great attention to detail
- An ability to work collaboratively, you must be a team player
- To communicate in open and honest manner, taking responsibility and accountability
- A focus on results and a drive to deliver extraordinary performance
- Excellent level of both verbal and written English
- Some service industry experience
- To be physically Fit
- A flexible attitude to work to a shift rotation in line with a 24-hour operation
- A Full UK Driving Licence
What we'll give you
- HSF health plan
- £100 refer a friend scheme
- £10 core of Carlisle award scheme
- Training and development
- Over Time Rates