Carlisle has worked with Abellio Greater Anglia since 2011.
Abellio Greater Anglia is a train operating company which provides the majority of commuter and regional services from London Liverpool Street to Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and parts of Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, as well as many regional services throughout the east of England.
The network needed a provider of cleaning services for all of its stations, able to carry out complex and logistically-difficult cleaning projects in an environment where safety is paramount.
Carlisle carried out all the heavy and high level cleaning for the station network with a highly trained team, using a range of specialist cleaning equipment and techniques including pressure washing, chemicals, steam cleaning vacuuming, high speed scrubbing, grinding and re-polishing.
- Cleaning of high level areas across the station network that had not been cleaned for a number of years, involving the removal of layers of brake dust and grime
- Access strategies allowing the team and their equipment to reach high level areas near overhead power lines
- Liaison with contractors and other stakeholders to ensure tight cost control
- Deep cleaning of internal and external flooring surfaces across the station network, which had been in a very poor state
Significant increase in cleaning scores on National Passenger Surveys, helping Abellio Greater Anglia to retain its rail franchise
- Extended life of assets such as flooring surfaces
- Significant increase in the amount of natural light entering passenger areas
- Greatly enhanced station environments both for the public and station staff