Carlisle has provided cleaning services to London Midland for station, crew room and office locations across their network since 2011, with the contract being re-awarded in 2014. As a major service provider to London Midland. we are a key part of ensuring that the public’s perception of the safety and cleanliness of their service is not only maintained, but improved upon year after year through the cleaning service that we provide across their portfolio of stations.
London Midland operates trains to destinations across England, connecting London to the Midlands and the North West.
London Midland operate across a large swathe of the country with a diverse set of stations with varied requirements. Their challenge to Carlisle was to help them improve their position in the National Passenger Survey through the delivery of exemplary multi service solution.
Carlisle provides a comprehensive multi-service support service solution:
- Static and Mobile cleaning teams across the network
- Vegetation control, based around weed control, grass cutting and shrub maintenance
- Poster replacement
Our approach makes it possible to provide definable benefits including:
- Cleaning defined into three segments to support the network, rural, commuter and long distance
- Design of new ‘station caretaker’ role. Upgrading cleaning operatives with basic maintenance skills to allow London Midland staff to be redeployed to other tasks
- Latest NPS survey shows positive results for London Midland. Overall cleanliness of station score improved by 4%, overall satisfaction of station improved by 8% and overall station upkeep score improved by 6%